THE EMERGENCY MANIFESTO
Script for collective artwork in response to Glasgow Conference ---COP26
1. We want a poetry of and for our revolution.
1.1 The poetry of our revolution, as all poetry, will not have flags, nor colours, nor leaders. It will in fact abolish itself.
1.2 The poetry of our revolution will be a song of the dead, the living and the yet unborn.
1.3 The poetry of our revolution will perform the impossible feat of calling things by their name. It will not use climate change or global warming. We will say climate collapse. It will not say global leaders. We will say junk dealers.
1.4 The poetry of our revolution will be faithful. It will adore icons and create images, but it will not have a church.
1.5 The poetry of our revolution will be written on air, with air, defending air.
2. We will embrace utopias and heterotopias. A utopia is a place where things are better. It is the horizon of possibility that makes us walk. A heterotopia is the place where things are different. It is the oxygen that prevents us from chocking.
2.1 COP26 is not utopian enough. We need a thousand sister heterotopias with the face of a utopia.
2.2 Neoliberalism is a utopia with the face of a thousand heterotopias .
2.3 A map of the world that does not include Utopia is not worth even glancing at. A map of the world that does not include Heterotopias is a dictatorship.
3. Climate Collapse is giving a new weight to History, making it more definitive. It has renewed in us the sense of an ending. In face of this, we want lightness and beginnings.
4. Breathing will be the rhythm of our poetry and its universal claim. A political voice that does not have a rhythm and is not universal is breathless.
5. Emergency is the sign of our times. To make sense of emergency will be the purpose of our poetry.